Location & Postal Addresses
The CRO is located at:
14 Parnell Square
DX Number 145001
The Office can be reached by walking north up O'Connell Street, and continuing straight on to the top of Parnell Square. The CRO is on the right, directly opposite the Garden of Remembrance.
Disabled access for Companies Registration Office Public office:
Ground Floor Reception. Ramp from footpath to front door. Disabled Access (Male and Female) toilets.
Certain post can be sent to the CRO at the Carlow address below.
Post can be sent to a Carlow address where the documents are received, image-scanned and registered. The Public Office remains in 14 Parnell Square, Dublin 1.
Please note that there is no public office in Carlow.
Post for Carlow
The postal address for Carlow is:
The Companies Registration Office, O'Brien Road, Carlow.
DX Number 271004 DX Exchange: Carlow 2
The following submissions should be sent to Carlow:
- Annual Returns
- All resolutions and Memorandums and Articles,
- All Liquidation, Receivership and Examinership documents,
- All Prospectuses,
- All Business Names documents
- Voluntary strikeoff requests (H15)
- Documents to be lodged to open or update a customer account.
and all submissions to:
- change director/secretary information.
- change the Registered Office of a company,
- change Share Capital,
- change from or to single member company status,
- change Auditor information,
- change the register of members, debenture holders, directors service contracts etc.
Email address: Crocarlow@djei.ie
Post for Parnell House
Certain documents (outlined below) and all general correspondence should still be sent to Parnell House. The envelope should clearly indicate the section or person in the Office that it is being submitted to.
The following submissions can still be sent to Parnell House:
- All Mortgage/Charge submissions including satisfactions of charge.
- All New Company incorporation applications
- All Change of Company Name submissions
- All Re-registration ofCompany Type documents,
- All submissions for External Companies,
- All applications for electronic filing agents (J forms),
- All Limited Partnership forms
The postal address for Parnell House remains as:
The Companies Registration Office, Parnell House, 14 Parnell Square, Dublin 1
DX Number 145001
Please note that to ensure on-time delivery by post, the CRO recommends the use of a time guaranteed postal service which shows that the document was posted on a date which should have guaranteed on-time delivery in the CRO. (eg. An Post's Express Post service offers next working day delivery guarantee and a signature can be collected on delivery. "Certificates of postage" are not recognised in the CRO.
Late Filing Fee Waivers
All requests for the waiving of late fee penalties must be submitted in writing. The CRO will consider, on a case-by-case basis, written requests for waiver of a late filing penalty where circumstances of a genuinely "force majeure" nature can be demonstrated by the company/presenter to have prevented the submission of an annual return to the Office prior to the expiry of the filing deadline. Please see Penalty Waiver page for further details.
Please address your request to either of the following people:
Mr. Damien McDonnell or Ms. Fiona Yule, Companies Registration Office, O’ Brien Road, Carlow.
Print this page