A European Directive has provided for certain requirements for publication of information in Iris Oifigiúil to be replaced by requirements to be published in an online Companies Registration Office Gazette.
The Gazette includes the following lists in pdf format: New companies; change of name; annual returns received and registered; liquidations; foreign companies; other registered documents; strike offs; restorations.
Liquidations, receiverships and examinerships are advertised by the companies in question in Iris Oifigiúil.
Please note that prior to 15 October 2004, all strike off notices were published in the strike off section of this website - Archived Strike Off notices
Partial Commencement of Section 72 of the Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 2005. Cessation of Publication of Certain Statutory Notices in the Iris Oifigiúil Supplement.
Section 72 of the Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 2005 has been partially commenced by Statutory Instrument and the partially commenced provision came into operation on the 19th November 2012. The effect of this was to mandate the publication of certain Statutory Notices exclusively in the Companies Registration Office Gazette ("CRO Gazette"), thereby enabling CRO to discontinue the simultaneous publication of these Notices in the Iris Oifigiúil Supplement.
SI 449 of 2012 - Commencement Order (0.04 MB, Adobe PDF)
From 19th November 2012, certain Statutory Notices are required under the Companies Acts to be published in the CRO Gazette and no wider publication is necessary under the Companies Acts after that date. However, for a period of approximately four months from 19th November 2012, certain Notices continued to be published in the Iris Oifigiúil Supplement as well as appearing in the CRO Gazette. This occurred where correspondence/statutory notices issuing from the Companies Registration Office to companies prior to the 19th November 2012 referred to publication taking place in Iris Oifigiúil . In these cases, the notice was also published in the CRO Gazette.
The Commencement Order applies to the following notices:
- 1. Voluntary strike off notices under section 311(2) and (3) of the Companies Act 1963 and notice of dissolution under section 311(5) of the same Act
- 2. Liquidation strike off notices under section 311(3) of the Companies Act 1963
- 3. Involuntary strike off notice under section 12(2) of the Companies (Amendment) Act 1982 and notice of dissolution under section 12(3) of the same Act
- 4. Revenue strike off notice under section 12A(2) of the Companies (Amendment) Act 1982 and notice of dissolution under section 12A(3) of the same Act
- 5. Strike off of old public company under section 8(1) of the Companies (Amendment) Act 1983
- 6. Publication of notice of delivery of certain documents to CRO by a public limited company under section 55 (1) (a) to (j) of the Companies (Amendment) Act 1983
Such notice (6) can be submitted to Crowebmaster.
NB. The above notices (1-5) have for some time been published by CRO in both publications simultaneously. As and from 19th November 2012, however, the legal requirement was modified to require publication only in the CRO Gazette.
Please note that section 72 of the Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 2005 has been commenced only in respect of the above items 1-6. The remainder of the items listed in the Table to section 72 continue to require publication in Iris Oifigiúil post-19th November 2012.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the CRO Enforcement Unit.
Print this page