Filing an Annual Return Online
Step 1 - System requirements
To file online you will need the following:
- A working email account; not hotmail.
- Adobe Reader 5, or later versions, on your computer (Free from www.adobe.com).
- A printer to print the signature page.
- If you have anti-virus software on your computer, enable PopUps in order to view the signature page.
Step 2 - Registration
To file online you first need to register with CORE.
This is a simple process.
- Log onto www.core.ie.
- On the right hand side of the web page, click on REGISTER which appears under the question NEW TO CORE? and follow the instructions on screen. If you have already registered for online filing, you can use your existing username and password.
Step 3 - Getting access
For security reasons, if you have not added the company to your list of watched companies you will be asked for the Company Access Number (CAN). This is to allow your company’s annual return to be pre-filled.
- Log into www.core.ie using your email address and password.
- Click on "My Requests" or "My E-Filing’ and follow the instructions on screen.
As we will post the CAN to your company’s registered office address, allow yourself adequate time to receive it.
Step 4 - Completing the form
- When you have added the company to your watch list or received your CAN go to www.core.ie and log in using your email address and password.
- Click on "My E-Filing". Click on "File a Form".
- Select "B1 - Annual Return" from the workspace.
- Follow the instructions, making sure you read all pop-up messages carefully. To further assist you, the "Help" button, located on each web page will open up a page of instructions.
Also, the icon located beside some fields will provide more specific instructions about that particular field.
- When you have completed all the fields, click on "Total View" and then click on "Check Form" in order to identify omissions.
- After this validation, click "Check Content" and you will be presented with a list of discrepancies, if any, which are described as "Errors" or "Warnings".
Errors must be fixed before you can send the form; warnings should be checked to make sure the information is correct to the best of your knowledge.
You can then either submit the form or save and submit it later. When you have successfully submitted the form, a signature page will open up as a pdf document in Adobe Reader. You must print this page and have it signed by the relevant officers i.e. director and secretary or the Electronic Filing Agent (see Information Leaflet No. 15).
The signature page, correct fee and any attachments (accounts, special auditor’s report, lists of directorships, etc.) must be received in the CRO within 28 days of the date of electronic submission or the annual return will be deemed never to have been filed.
It is now possible to file an annual return online completely. Please see information regarding Submitting PDF Accounts for an Annual Return and Electronic Signatures using Digital Signing Certificate.
If your query relates to CORE or technical issues associated with completing the online B1, email Electronic Filing Section or phone 01 8045374/805355.
If your query relates to the content of the form, please contact email@example.com or phone 01-804 5394. For more detailed information on filing annual returns, please read Information Leaflet 22 - Filing annual returns with the CRO.
Print this page