The Companies Acts 1963-2012 impose a number of obligations on companies to make returns to the CRO within specified time limits. The following paragraphs outline the principal post-incorporation requirements of companies together with the procedures for the registration of a change of name and requirements for the submission of the most common statutory returns.
Practically all post-incorporation documents submitted are subject to filing fees.
These guidelines do not purport to be an exhaustive list of post-incorporation requirements. For many purposes it is advisable to consult the Acts, Regulations, your solicitor and/or accountant, prior to the submission of statutory returns.
- Annual Return Information: Information on Annual Return Dates (ARD). Please see also Information Leaflet 22 - Filing an annual return and Information Leaflet 10 - audit exemption. Link to Information Leaflets page.
- Mortgages: Information on filing Mortgages and Charges and the forms required to satisfy a charge.
- Registered Office Change: Notification must be submitted to the CRO where the registered office of a company has changed.
- Officer Change Information: Where there has been a change in the details of a company officer, details should be submitted to the Companies Office. Some of these forms can be filed online for free.
- Company Name Change: A company can change it's name by special resolution.
- Type of Company Change: Companies can change their status from limited liability to unlimited and from private to public and vice versa.
- Register Location Change: Where the location of the registers have changed the CRO should be notified eg. register of members, debenture holders.
- Share Capital Change: Information on the forms to be submitted where there has been a change in the share capital. Where there has been a transfer of shares, there is no need to inform the CRO at the time of transfer. Revenue however should be informed using a Stock transfer form.
- Memo & Arts Change: Information on the forms required to be submitted where there has been a change to the M&A of a company.
- Issue of Prospectus: Information on forms to be submitted for prospectuses.
Print this page