On this page are answers to frequently asked questions. If you are experiencing difficulties with the online filing system you should first read through these FAQs. If your question is not answered please contact the Electronic Filing Section.
Visit the CORE website
CORE (Companies Online Registration Environment) is the online filing facility of Companies Registration Office. It has been developed to allow you, as a CRO customer, to view in a secure, private environment, up to date information on companies for which you file.
CORE will enable you to :-
* File documents online (some documents can be filed for free)
* Check the status of your companies in lists which can be sorted in various orders
* Receive notification of filings for companies in your portfolio and of changes in the status of those documents
* Watch your companies
* Obtain your CRO Account balance, transactions and statements
Back to top
To avail of CORE you need to be a registered user. Registration is free.
When you register, you will use your email address as a username and then choose a password. You will only need to register once and after that you can file forms for as many companies as you wish.
If you are an accountancy practice or a filing agent, register in CORE in the name of your own practice, using your own business name or company number. You do not need a seperate log in for each company for which you want to file.
Irish registered company
If you are a company registered at this office then choose this option, enter your company number and click on 'Verify Name'
Business name registered in Ireland
If you are a business name registered at this office then choose this option, enter your business name number and click on 'Verify Name'
If you are unsure of your company or business name number, please see our search facility at www.cro.ie/search
Irish resident individual
If you are Irish resident and are not a company or a business name, choose this option and enter your PPSN. Your PPSN can be obtained from the Department of Social and family affairs.
CRO registered client
If none of the above options apply to you and you are not resident in the Republic of Ireland, contact firstname.lastname@example.org where you will be issued with a CRO registered client number.
Enter your name, address and telephone number. Your e-mail address becomes your username and the password is any password of your choice.
This is the person with overall responsibility within their organisation for filing on-line. This person can appoint other person(s) within their organisation to file on-line
Now click on 'Register'
You can file your Annual Return through CORE for €20. You have 28 days from your Annual Return Date to file your return online You then have a further 28 days from the date you file online to get the signature page, accounts and payment to CRO. As June 1st 2017, electronic filing of the annual return and the associated financial statements is mandatory.
You can file your Business Name through CORE for €20 which is half the price of filing on paper. You can also avail of faster registration as documents filed online are given priority.
Mortgage Document - C1 form - filing fee €40. Since June 2015, registration can also be effected by submission of forms C1a and C1b (two stage procedure) C1a €40. C1b has no fee.
Change of Registered Office (Forms B2, B3, F4, RBN2/A/B) FREE , a saving of €15. As of June 1st 2017, electronic filing of the B2 form is mandatory.
Change of DirectorSecretary (Form B10) FREE. As of June 1st 2017, electronic filing of the form B10 is mandatory.
Resolutions (G1 and G2) FREE , a saving of €15
Resolution to change a Limited Company name €50 which is half the price of filing on paper
You can file the following at a REDUCED RATE and avail of faster registration:
- Business Name Individual (Form RBN1) €20 (as opposed to €40 by paper)
- Business Name Partnership (Form RBN1A) €20 (as opposed to €40 by paper)
- Business Name Body Corporate (Form RBN1B) €20 (as opposed to €40 by paper)
- Change of Company Name (Special resolution Form G1Q) for €50 (as opposed to €100 on paper)
- Annual Return (B1) for €20. As of June 1st 2017, electronic filing of the annual return is mandatory.
- A1 €50. Reserve Company Name for €25
You can file the following forms FREE and avail of faster registration:
- Change in secretary/director details (Form B10) As of June 1st 2017, electronic filing of the B10 form is mandatory.
- Change of address (Forms B2, B3, F4, RBN2/A/B) As of June 1st 2017, electronic filing of the B2 form is mandatory.
- Special resolutions (Form G1) and any document lodged in connection with it
- Ordinary resolution (Form G2) and any document lodged in connection with it
- Notice of Authorisation/Revocation of Electronic Filing Agent
- Cessation of business name (Form RBN3)
You can now file your Annual Return through CORE.
If you have been validated in CORE, add the company to your 'My Companies' list. To validate yourself in CORE, Log in and click on 'CORE Tools' and then 'Requests'. Click on 'Add' and choose 'Manual Presenter Validation' Enter some company numbers and your relationship to those companies. Click 'Submit'
In order to file online you will need to have the following:
- A valid email address
- Adobe Acrobat 8 or greater on your computer
- Adobe acrobat is a free download from www.adobe.com. You will need to download this onto your computer before filing electronically.
- A printer
Make sure that your printer is connected to your computer as you need to print out a signature page at the end of filing your form
Each time you create a new document, a copy of that document is held in a special folder known as Workspace. In the Workspace you will see a heading "Submitted". Under this heading you will see some icons.
If you have completed and successfully sent your form you will see three icons.
(1) The first icon is a copy, for your own records, of the form you have submitted.
(2) The second icon is your signature page. If for any reason your signature page did not print, click on this icon to open it again.
(3) Click on the third icon to open your form as a copy.
NB: We have made some changes recently to make CORE more efficient, one of these changes is to limit the number of drafts in a user's workspace to the last 100 days. However, nothing is deleted or lost. If a user wants to recover a submission before that date then they just need to enter the company number or submission number in the search bar just above the workspace drafts. This will recover anything beyond the most recent 100 days."
- Log back in using your username (email address) and your password
- Click on Workspace
- On the right of your Workspace under the heading 'Submitted', you will see three icons
- Click on the icon "Open as copy"
-Make the required changes and submit the document again
You will receive a new signature page which should be printed, signed and posted to this Office.
If you have forgotten your password
- Go to the login screen
INSERT the text - "Click on the option " forgotten password" "
- Fill in your username (email address) and your surname and forename
Your password will be emailed to you.
A company name can be reserved prior to incorporation using the CORE facility. Select File a Form and choose Reservation of Company Name. The name will be checked for suitability and then can be reserved for 28 days. See Reserve a Company Name page for more information.
Make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Version 8 or later on your PC. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat you will need to download it before proceeding. You can download Adobe Acrobat free of charge at www.adobe.com
Once you have installed Adobe Acrobat, log back into our online filing system.
- Go to your Workspace
- In the "Submitted" panel and towards the right hand side of the page, click on the icon "Open Signature Page"
- Print this page If you click on the "Open Signature Page" and you get an error, (e.g. Error 500) this means you do not have the correct version of Adobe Acrobat on your PC or it is not installed correctly.
For further assistance or if you have a comment regarding the online filing facility, please email email@example.com
To be able to use CORE, your pop-up blockers need to be enabled.
You will need to ensure that you have them enabled on your PC before filing a document There are many pop-up blockers available on the market and we provide a guide to the most common ones below. These settings are specific to your PC and if you are having trouble trying to enable pop ups you will need to contact your own service provider or your IT department as CRO will be unable to provide support for individual PC's.
If you are using Microsoft XP with Service Pack 2, then your version of Internet Explorer is equipped with a built-in pop-up blocker. Many other browsers, such as Mozilla, Firefox, and Opera, also have built-in pop-up blockers. You may also use a toolbar, such as Google Toolbar or Yahoo Toolbar, with a built-in pop-up blocker.
Internet Explorer . Firefox . Opera . Mozilla . Google Toolbar . Yahoo Toolbar
Disabling Internet Explorer's Pop-up Blocker
To disable pop-ups in Internet Explorer, go to Tools - Pop-up Blocker-Turn Off Pop-up Blocker. Please remember to turn your pop-up blocker back on when you are finished filing your form.
Disabling Firefox's Pop-up Blocker
To disable pop-ups in Firefox, go to Tools -Options. Once the Options window is open, click on Web Features. Next, Un-Check the Block Popup Windows Box. Click OK at the bottom to accept the changes. Please remember to turn your pop-up blocker back on when you are finished filing your form.
Disabling Opera's Pop-up Blocker
To disable pop-ups in Opera, go to Tools - Quick Preferences-Open all pop-ups. Please remember to turn your pop-up blocker back on when you are finished filing your form.
Disabling Mozilla's Pop-up Blocker
To disable pop-ups in Mozilla, go to Edit - Preferences. Once the Preferences window is open, click on Privacy & Security. Next, click on Popup Windows. Next, Un-Check the Block Unrequested Popup Windows Box. Click OK at the bottom to accept the changes. Please remember to turn your pop-up blocker back on when you are finished filing your form.
Disabling Google Toolbar's Pop-up Blocker
To disable pop-ups from the Google Toolbar, click on Options. Once the Toolbar Options window is open, UN-Check the Popup Blocker Box. Click OK at the bottom to accept the changes. Please remember to turn your pop-up blocker back on when you are finished filing your form.
Disabling Yahoo Toolbar's Pop-up Blocker
To disable pop-ups from the Yahoo Toolbar, Click on the small picture of a window with a shield. Click on Enable Pop-Up Blocker to uncheck this option. Please remember to turn your pop-up blocker back on when you are finished filing your form.
Copyright 2018 Public Office Address: Companies Registration Office, Bloom House, Gloucester Place Lower, Dublin 1. Phone: +(353 1) 8045200
Powered By Inventise