CRO Customer Account
CRO provides a service to customers whereby you can set up a Customer Account which you can lodge funds to and charge fees to each time you file a submission or order documents from the Company Search Facility.
Deposits to an account can be made on-line by credit/debit card, by cheque or by CRO Credit Note. Accounts must be kept in credit at all times. The Account can then be used as follows:
- When filing electronic documents with the CRO through software packages, the fees are automatically charged to a Customer Account.
- When filing electronically through CORE, the presenter should tick the box and insert a PIN to authorise the deduction of the fee from their Account at the capture stage.
- When filing manual/ paper documents, the fee can be paid by cheque, cash, bank draft or postal/money order or be charged to a Customer Account. (Please see section on use of Payment Authorisation forms if charging to a Customer Account).
- When using the Company Search Facility it is possible to pay using a credit/debit card through the CRO website.
Opening an Account
There are two ways to open an Account.
1. Accounts can be opened online go to Open Account/Account Login and choose "not an Account holder? Sign up now" Complete the information and click Submit application.
2. Accounts can be opened using an A/c1 form a form can be printed from Opening a Deposit Account page and it is possible to fill out this form before it is printed. Sent the completed form to the Customer Accounts Section, CRO, O’Brien Road, Carlow.
When the Account is set up, an email will be issued giving the Account number and a PIN number. These will be needed to make lodgements to the Account online, to make payments from the Account online and to link the Account to a CORE account for statements.
Please note there is a tick option "To pay for filing of Manual forms". If this option is ticked a book of Payment Authorisation Forms will be posted to the Account address. These forms should only be requested if documents are going to be submitted manually to the Companies Registration Office.
If the purpose of opening a CRO Customer Account is solely to use the Company Search Facility, then a Payment Authorisation Form is not required and a PAF book should not be ordered.
Lodging to an Account
Funds can be lodged to the Account using a Credit/ Debit Card online on the Account Login page. Please note that the cards must be 3D enabled.
Please note the CRO cannot take payment by Credit Card by phone call.
Screen when first logged in to CORE - choose CORE TOOLS. Choose Add Account and a screen requesting the Account number and Pin will appear.
Statements and Recent Transactions on CORE
All Customer Account details, including recent transactions and statements, are accessible on CORE. If you have not already done so, you will need to register with CORE. When registered and logged in click on My Accounts, click on Add and by entering your Customer number and PIN, your account details will be linked to your CORE account. You will only need to do this once and all of your details will be available each time you log in to CORE and select My Accounts.
CORE can be used to file forms electronically with the CRO.
Changes to Account
Changes can be made to any Account details (e.g. address, contact) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the Customer Accounts section or by writing to the Customer Accounts Section, CRO, O’Brien Road, Carlow.
Use of Payment Authorisation Forms (PAFs)
Customer Account holders are advised that a PAF is required in the following situations:
- (a) All paper filings where the fee is being charged to an Account, and
- (b) electronic filings through CORE where the presenter did NOT tick the box and insert a PIN to pay by Account when capturing the document and subsequently decides to pay by Account.
A PAF is not required in the following cases:
- (c) electronic filings through software packages (where the fees are automatically charged to an Account), and
- (d) electronic filings through CORE where the presenter has ticked the box and inserted a PIN to authorise the deduction of the fee from their Account at the capture stage.
Please note that an official CRO issued PAF form must be used in all cases where one is required.
PAFs books are available on request by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or a letter to CRO, O'Brien Road, Carlow. Customer Accounts balances can be viewed and topped up on-line by credit/debit card at https://core.cro.ie.