Registry of Friendly Societies
The Registry of Friendly Societies is based in Bloom House, Gloucester Place Lower, Dublin 1 Eircode: D01 F8W9 and shares the location with the Companies Registration Office.
- Opening Hours: The Registry is open between 10.00am and 1pm and from 2.15pm to 4.30pm. UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Public Office of both the CRO and the RFS remains closed until further notice.
- Postal Address: PO Box 12858, Dublin 1.
- Phone: 01-804 5499 , 1890 220 225*
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help with technical or IT issues is available by emailing: email@example.com
*Please note that the use of 1890 (Lo Call) numbers may vary among different service providers.
Search for Society/Union Details: View RFS Search Facility - https://rfs.cro.ie/login.
Documents with no scanned images available on our search facility can be requested by contacting our office via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents for cancelled Societies/Unions are stored offsite and have to be retrieved from our offsite storage facility. As a result, such documents cannot be obtained on the same day they are requested. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. The Register of Friendly Societies, Trade Unions and Industrial and Provident Societies is not fully available online and cannot be searched using the CRO website search. RFS Search Facility: https://rfs.cro.ie/login.
It is possible to search online (by name) for a particular society or trade union. You are able to see a list of documents that have been filed against the society/union. Once you click on a particular society or union, you will see its number, address, entity type (whether friendly or industrial & provident society or a trade union), the date of registration and current status. It is possible to purchase online an image of a document. (Fee €2.50). (Payment by credit card only).